Greening Your Event with GotGreen?™ Event Certification
REDUCE – REUSE – RECYCLE – OFFSET THE REST
GotGreen?™ Event Consulting makes it easy to offset the pollution
generated by any size or type of event.
Reducing and offsetting an events carbon footprint is important not
only for the event attendees but for the community’s overall health
and environmental improvement. Reducing and offsetting all types of
emissions is important. Pollution caused by events include: carbon dioxide,
particulate matter, nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxide, trash, human wastes,
How it Works..
FirmGreen calculates the pollution caused by energy use and other sources
associated with your event:
- Electricity and fuel use during the event
- Travel to and from the event
- Food preparation and cleanup for event meals
- Electricity used in hotel rooms by participants and staff, etc.
- Solid Waste
We then design a plan to reduce, reuse, recycle and offset the environmental
impacts caused by the event. Afterwards, FirmGreen verifies, documents
and recognizes the event for the level of offsets achieved.
Not only is it the right thing to do --it’s now the law in California.
Events of a certain size are mandated to offset their environmental
impacts by Section 42648 - 42648.7
Register your event today!
Organizations that desire to get into event pollution compliance with
FirmGreen make a commitment to work with us—in turn, we will be
there with you every step of the way to ensure your “green event”
is successful and unobtrusive to the participants.
Sign up to have your event FirmGreen Certified and we will:
- Help your event achieve FirmGreen Certification
- Give you permission to use the FirmGreen Certified Event Seal in
your marketing and event materials
- Provide copy on the FirmGreen Certification Program for your event
- Provide copy on how participants can help offset the emissions caused
by this event for event handouts
- Provide pre-event estimates of all types of emissions caused by
energy use associated with the event and the achievements in offsetting
- Provide post-event final numbers on all types of emissions caused
by energy use associated with the event and the achievements in offsetting
- Receive and process tax deductible donations to support offsetting
the emissions caused by energy use of your event
- Permanently retire the emission reductions used to offset the emissions
of your event
For Home Tips For
Back To Top